guile-email discussion
* Re: [guile-email] guile email: decoding error
       [not found] <875zl9fs9l.fsf@elephly.net>
@ 2019-10-01 20:10 ` Arun Isaac
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-10-01 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guile-email

> I see that mumi fails to render https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37444.

This is due to an invalid charset in the Content-Type header of message
107 (debbugs numbering). In the event of such invalid Content-Type
headers, RFC2045 recommends assuming the default Content-Type header. I
have now implemented this recommendation in
guile-email. See commit https://git.systemreboot.net/guile-email/commit/?id=6159257c9da3664c516a26fad1ee942068fbbdd2

Could you try again with this latest fix and let me know if it works?

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

--

* Re: guile email: decoding error
@ 2019-10-01 20:10   ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-10-01 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guile-email

> I see that mumi fails to render https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37444.

This is due to an invalid charset in the Content-Type header of message
107 (debbugs numbering). In the event of such invalid Content-Type
headers, RFC2045 recommends assuming the default Content-Type header. I
have now implemented this recommendation in
guile-email. See commit https://git.systemreboot.net/guile-email/commit/?id=6159257c9da3664c516a26fad1ee942068fbbdd2

Could you try again with this latest fix and let me know if it works?

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [guile-email] guile email: decoding error
@ 2019-10-22 16:41   ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-10-22 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guile-email

Hi,

>> I see that mumi fails to render https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37444.
>
> This is due to an invalid charset in the Content-Type header of message
> 107 (debbugs numbering). In the event of such invalid Content-Type
> headers, RFC2045 recommends assuming the default Content-Type header. I
> have now implemented this recommendation in
> guile-email. See commit https://git.systemreboot.net/guile-email/commit/?id=6159257c9da3664c516a26fad1ee942068fbbdd2
>
> Could you try again with this latest fix and let me know if it works?

Just a friendly ping. Did this work for you?

@ 2019-10-22 16:41     ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-10-22 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guile-email

Hi,

@ 2019-11-29 12:39   ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-11-29 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: guile-email

Hi Arun,

> Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> writes:
>
>> I see that mumi fails to render https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37444.
>
> This is due to an invalid charset in the Content-Type header of message
> 107 (debbugs numbering). In the event of such invalid Content-Type
> headers, RFC2045 recommends assuming the default Content-Type header. I
> have now implemented this recommendation in
> guile-email. See commit https://git.systemreboot.net/guile-email/commit/?id=6159257c9da3664c516a26fad1ee942068fbbdd2
>
> Could you try again with this latest fix and let me know if it works?

The latest version of guile-email fixes all problems I had.  Bug 37444
renders correctly now, as does bug 37978.

Thank you very much!  I’ll update mumi soon to use the latest version of
guile-email.

Aside; I’ve been having weird problems with the web server from (fibers
web server).  Using that web server somehow breaks XML parsing in my
recent tests.  Every XML processing outside of the web server loop works
just fine.  Very odd.  (This problem contributed to the delay in testing
your improvements, but really the biggest problem was making enough time
to sit down without the baby as I can’t type well enough with just one
free arm.)

--
Ricardo

* Re: [guile-email] guile email: decoding error
@ 2019-11-30 19:13     ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-11-30 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guile-email

>> Could you try again with this latest fix and let me know if it works?
>
> The latest version of guile-email fixes all problems I had.  Bug 37444
> renders correctly now, as does bug 37978.

That's nice! :-)

> Thank you very much!  I’ll update mumi soon to use the latest version of
> guile-email.

Sure!

> Aside; I’ve been having weird problems with the web server from (fibers
> web server).  Using that web server somehow breaks XML parsing in my
> recent tests.  Every XML processing outside of the web server loop works
> just fine.  Very odd.

Very odd indeed. But I don't know enough about the fibers web server to
contribute any meaningful insight. Perhaps this is something to do with
thread safety of the XML parser?

> (This problem contributed to the delay in testing your improvements,
> but really the biggest problem was making enough time to sit down
> without the baby as I can’t type well enough with just one free arm.)

I understand. Family comes first! :-)

@ 2019-11-30 19:13       ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-11-30 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guile-email