guile-email discussion
From: Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
To: Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net>
Cc: guile-email@systemreboot.net
Subject: Re: guile email: decoding error
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 13:39:17 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Arun,

> Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> writes:
>
>> I see that mumi fails to render https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37444.
>
> This is due to an invalid charset in the Content-Type header of message
> 107 (debbugs numbering). In the event of such invalid Content-Type
> headers, RFC2045 recommends assuming the default Content-Type header. I
> have now implemented this recommendation in
> guile-email. See commit https://git.systemreboot.net/guile-email/commit/?id=6159257c9da3664c516a26fad1ee942068fbbdd2
>
> Could you try again with this latest fix and let me know if it works?

The latest version of guile-email fixes all problems I had.  Bug 37444
renders correctly now, as does bug 37978.

Thank you very much!  I’ll update mumi soon to use the latest version of
guile-email.

Aside; I’ve been having weird problems with the web server from (fibers
web server).  Using that web server somehow breaks XML parsing in my
recent tests.  Every XML processing outside of the web server loop works
just fine.  Very odd.  (This problem contributed to the delay in testing
your improvements, but really the biggest problem was making enough time
to sit down without the baby as I can’t type well enough with just one
free arm.)

--
Ricardo