guile-email discussion
From: Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net>
To: Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net>
Cc: guile-email@systemreboot.net
Subject: Re: [guile-email] more decoding errors
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 10:34:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:

> Thanks for the bug report!
>
>>   From: =?UTF-8?Q?Ludovic_Court=E8s?= <ludo@gnu.org>
>
> This MIME encoded word is incorrectly encoded. UTF-8 is declared as the
> encoding, while actually ISO-8859-1 has been used.

Right.. OK :)

>> Similarly to the recent changes, specifying 'substitute as the third
>> argument to bytevector->string at least avoids crashing in this case.
>
> Indeed, the substitute conversion strategy is the only correct way to
> proceed. I've made this change and pushed to master.
>
> https://git.systemreboot.net/guile-email/commit/?id=9d82904011516530b6ef1bcd53cef220db485e7a
>
> I'm ok with having another bugfix release, but I think we should wait a
> week or two in case more bugs are found. WDYT?

Thanks Arun :)

So I've tried to parse all the mbox files for the guix-commits mailing
list with this change, and I haven't found any new problems.

But yeah, I'm in no rush to get this fixed. I was looking ahead at
about old revisions, but I'm not ready to do that on the processing side
in the Guix Data Service.

Thanks again,

Chris